Episode 31: What's an íPad?
Welcome to Code Completion, Episode 31! We are a group of iOS developers and educators hoping to share what we love most about development, Apple technology, and completing your code!
Follow us @CodeCompletion on Twitter to hear about our upcoming livestreams, videos, and other content.
Be sure to also sign up to our monthly newsletter, where we will recap the topics we discussed, reveal the answers to #CompleteTheCode, and share even more things we learned in between episodes.
You are what makes this show possible, so please be sure to share this with your friends and family who are also interested in any part of the app development process.
⭐️ This Week's Topics
- Join the Code Completion Club at https://codecompletion.io/jointheclub!
- Indie App Spotlight, with three apps for you to check out:
- Our final thoughts on Basecamp,
- New Device Reviews: iMac, iPad, Apple TV
- The Epic vs Apple Trial
⚠️ Compiler Error
This week's theme: The NSString Class Cluster!
- Most dynamically allocated NSStrings are actually _NSCFString, which is essentially represented by a CFStringRef or CFMutableStringRef.
- NSSecuredString is a specialized implementation of a string that keeps its contents encrypted at rest until they are accessed directly, preventing RAM snapshot analysis.
- Whenever path component methods are used, NSPathStore2 is returned, providing an optimized view into an array of path components.
- NSCheapMutableString is a limited mutable string that allows for zero-copy initialization, primarily used for temporarily wrapping stack buffers.
This week's episode of Code Completion is brought to you by Pennant! Search for Pennant on the iOS App Store today to give it a try!